Monday, January 31, 2011

A Successful Day

So, today I began my diet and exercise plan. I had already starting walking on Saturday and Sunday, but today was the official start of my lifestyle change. I counted my calories today and made some good food choices. I pushed myself to get on the treadmill when I finished supper tonight. I feel really good after getting moving the last couple of days. I have been so lethargic for a while now and zapped of energy. 
I needed to make this change so badly.  I know this was just the first day and I have a long way to go.  It should get easier though after a few days of routine.  I wish it wasn't dark when I get home from work, so I could walk outside. My husband and I need to push each other and motivate each other so we can both succeed, be healthier and feel better. 
So, overall, it was a great start towards my goals of losing 13 pounds and preparing for a 5K in April. 

8 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about it being dark in the evenings. It is so cold here [and dark] we have stopped walking the pups - it is the one thing I can do with hubs and the dogs love it, but not when it is cold and icy.

    Your goals are so obtainable - it will be fun to watch you achieve them. We will be right here rooting you and Odie/Dad on. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hit on a key principle. As soon as it becomes routine (the new normal) this lifestyle change will become easier for you! Good going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A start is all you really needed. Now just keep moving forward. Monday of last week I weighed and had got back up to 195 so I decided to only eat raw veggies & fruit, no bread or meat. So this monday when I weighed actually starting the blog weight loss I was at an amazing 189 and today I am at 188. It is going much easier than I imagined but I know it has to be a lifestyle change and will constantly think of good choices. Good luck on your efforts.
    Love,
    Dad :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it!!! What 5K are you running? I am doing one in March on the coast.
    Keep up the good work!
    Kathiey:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done you for starting this new regime, puppykisses! I'm sure that you and dad will be able to support each other. I know exactly what you mean about the dark evenings though. It will be so much easier when we can get outdoors in the evening. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the encouragement!

    Kathiey, I am running in a 5K called the FundRun which is a local hospital foundation event that benefits our cancer center and patients that can't afford medical care. This will be my 3rd year running in it. My sister ran it with me last year and she hopefully will plan to again this April.
    I thought maybe I might could eventually advance to the 10K but I always stop exercising during the holidays and winter months and I am never ready! At least I have plenty of time to prepare for a great 5K. My sister has been in a couple on the coast, I'll have to ask her which one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen! I was given a 19 question blog survey by another blogger and tonight I published my answers. The rules state that I am to pass the questionaire along to 4 other blogger friends. I would like to give the survey to you and also to your dad. I already notified him on his blog. If you would like to participate just visit my blog, cut and paste my latest post, delete my answers, fill in your own and publish.

    ReplyDelete